My family has been traveling to Israel and Palestine for 50 years, ever since my grandfather—an archaeologist and New Testament professor—made his first trip in June 1967. Nearly every member of the McRays from my grandparents down have been at least once. Collectively, we’ve made nearly 100 trips; personally, I’ve made 13.
I have spent more time in Israel-Palestine than in any other country outside the U.S. (Ireland is a close second). This includes two separate three-month stays. My time there has ranged everywhere from attending peace conferences to volunteering with developmentally disabled Palestinians to nonviolent direct action with Christian Peacemaker Teams to leading tours. I have traveled to every corner of both Israel and the West Bank (I’ve not yet made it to Gaza).
I am passionate about taking people to see both the holy sites of the Bible as well as encountering the political realities on the ground and meeting the people working for peace and justice. Come with my family on a trip and you’ll get as well-rounded a tour as you can find anywhere—and we will actually take you into the West Bank.
Here are some of the highlights of our tours:
- Visit the holy sites of Israel and Palestine, including Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, and Galilee
- Wander the old cities and share fabulous meals with remarkable people
- Meet local Israeli and Palestinian peacebuilders and former combatants
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Sail on the Sea of Galilee
- Climb Masada
- Walk through the deeply conflicted West Bank city of Hebron (al Khalil, in Arabic)
- Reflect/worship/meditate on the Mount of Beatitudes
- Dance and smile at the extraordinary Al Basma Center for the Developmentally Disabled
- See the traditional sites of many of the most well-known stories from the Bible
- And more!
Learn more at www.mcraytours.com.
Keep in mind, this is just one type of tour. I am well-connected on the ground and would love to work with your group to provide the type of tour you’ve dreamed of. Let’s talk.
If you’d like to talk to me about joining a future trip, or if you’d like me to help organize or lead a tour for your group, get in touch!