My family has been traveling to Israel and Palestine for 50 years, ever since my grandfather–an archaeologist and New Testament professor–made his first trip in June 1967. Nearly every member of the McRays from my grandparents down have been at least once. Collectively, we’ve made nearly 100 trips; personally, I’ve made 10.
I am passionate about taking people to see both the holy sites of the Bible as well as encountering the political realities on the ground and meeting the people working for peace and justice. Come with my family on a trip and you’ll get as well-rounded a tour as you can find anywhere–and we will actually take you into the West Bank.
Here are some of the highlights of past tours:
- Visit the holy sites of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, and Galilee
- Wander the old cities and share fabulous meals with remarkable people
- Meet local Israeli and Palestinian peacebuilders and former combatants
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Encounter Palestinian Islam
- Sail on the Sea of Galilee
- Climb Masada
- Walk through the deeply conflicted West Bank city of Hebron (al Khalil)
- Reflect/worship/meditate on the Mount of Beatitudes
- Dance and smile at the extraordinary Al Basma Center for the Developmentally Disabled
- See the traditional sites of many of the most well-known stories from the Bible
- And more!
Keep in mind, this is just one type of tour. I am well-connected on the ground and would love to work with your group to provide the type of tour you’ve dreamed of. Let’s talk.
Want to come on the McRay Holy Land Tour June 1-9, 2019? Click the button below and fill out the form to reserve a spot or let us know your interest!
If you’d like to talk to me about helping organize or lead a tour for your group, get in touch!