Want me to come speak?
Send me a note below!
What do I usually speak about?
- My Writing
- Storytelling and Narrative (especially as tool for bridge-building)
- Reconciliation and Forgiveness
- Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation
- The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Theology for Social Justice
See Videos of Me Speaking
February 2017. Photo credit: Rex Harsin
- Israel-Palestine 101
- I teach a multi-week class, often in churches, on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, starting with the rise of political Zionism and ending at current day. The course includes theology, history, politics, personal storytelling, reconciliation theory, and more.
- Letters from “Apartheid Street”
- Telling stories from the book
- Discussing the work of Christian Peacemaker Teams in Hebron
- The need to challenge the single story
- How to Dismantle an Enemy
- Through personal anecdotes, I explain that in order to dismantle the notion of enemy, we need proximity, curiosity, and humility
- The Confinement of Christ
- Using selections from my prison chaplaincy stories in the appendix of Where the River Bends as well as other personal stories, I discuss the need for Christians to get proximate to prisoners, since that’s where Jesus said we would find him
- Stories That Might Save Us
- Addresses the current political moment and the need for stories that tell the truth of where we are while also orienting us toward hope
- Ties in the themes of “how to dismantle an enemy”
- Stories from my 2015 international story-gathering project in Israel-Palestine, Northern Ireland, and South Africa
- Instagram pictures available
- Explores the tensions between “justice” and “reconciliation”
- Shares about the remarkable work of Narrative 4 in addressing the “empathy deficit”
- Value of Storytelling Workshop
- Looks at why stories and language matter, how they shape us, why we tell stories, and offers tips for telling better stories.
Want me to speak? Let’s talk. Get in touch below.