Want me to come speak?
Send me a note below!
What do I usually speak about?
- My Writing
- Storytelling and Narrative (especially as tool for bridge-building)
- Reconciliation and Forgiveness
- Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation
- The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Theology for Social Justice
NOTE: My talks on any given topic are rooted in personal stories.
I will consider speaking on any topic within my lived experience. To get your imagination going, here are some already-prepared talks and presentations I do:
- Israel-Palestine 101
- I teach a multi-week class, often in churches, on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, starting with the rise of political Zionism and ending at current day. The course includes theology, history, politics, personal storytelling, reconciliation theory, and more.
- Letters from “Apartheid Street”
- Telling stories from the book
- Discussing the work of Christian Peacemaker Teams in Hebron
- The need to challenge the single story
- How to Dismantle an Enemy
- Through personal anecdotes, I explain that in order to dismantle the notion of enemy, we need proximity, curiosity, and humility
- The Confinement of Christ
- Using selections from my prison chaplaincy stories in the appendix of Where the River Bends as well as other personal stories, I discuss the need for Christians to get proximate to prisoners, since that’s where Jesus said we would find him
- Stories That Might Save Us
- Addresses the current political moment and the need for stories that tell the truth of where we are while also orienting us toward hope
- Ties in the themes of “how to dismantle an enemy”
- Stories from my 2015 international story-gathering project in Israel-Palestine, Northern Ireland, and South Africa
- Instagram pictures available
- Explores the tensions between “justice” and “reconciliation”
- Shares about the remarkable work of Narrative 4 in addressing the “empathy deficit”
- Value of Storytelling Workshop
- Looks at why stories and language matter, how they shape us, why we tell stories, and offers tips for telling better stories.