FEARLESS HOPE THROUGH RADICAL EMPATHY
Narrative 4 is non-profit building a community of empathic global citizens who improve the world through the exchange of personal narratives. The N4 core methodology centers around a story exchange, which pairs participants and asks each participant to their partner’s story in the first-person. The story exchange works on a simple idea: If I can hear your story deeply enough to retell it in my own words, as if it happened to me – and you can do the same for my story – then we will have seen the world through each other’s eyes.
In August 2017, Narrative 4 asked me to become a Master Practitioner. The MP training will be held in December 2017. As an MP, I:
- am trained in up-to-date facilitation practices,
- work with N4 leadership to train new facilitators in the story exchange,
- lead specific story exchanges,
- run webinars,
- set up off-site professional development opportunities and trainings for individual educators and others who wish to become facilitators,
- and ensure that the facilitators I have trained follow N4 guidelines and best practices.
At home in Nashville, I am beginning to build Narrative 4 story-exchange programs.
“Guns and Empathy” | A 20 min documentary on one of Narrative 4’s most controversial exchanges